Last time you had been warned about the problems connected with the preparation of creams and its possible setbacks.
Now we are going to be more specific: Today we talk about the crème anglaise, its complications and its possible remedies.
The crème anglaise is realized through the controlled coagulation of egg yolks at a maximum temperature of 85°C.
It’s great for many desserts as Bavarian creams, or mousses.
Moreover, it is ideal to be the base of a vanilla ice cream, crème caramel, crème brûlée or as a sauce for a dessert.
In short, it is perfect almost everywhere!
What about its structure?
The crème anglaise is basically composed of: 50% milk, 20% cream, 15% egg yolks, 15% granulated sugar and 1% aromas.
However, the base can be of 3 different types:
1) Milk: in this case the cream is light and soft. Excellent for Bavarois, soft mousse or sauce for dessert.
2) Milk-cream: more solid than the previous. In fact, thanks to a higher level of fat (35% m.g.), the cream makes it more dense. Fantastic for Bavarois with a heavy taste of cream or chocolate desserts.
3) Cream: the most solid one because the cream is the only ingredient for the base. Heavy taste ideal for desserts with fruit puree or butter creams.
Problems and Causes: What to do?
If during the preparation of the crème anglaise you don’t pay maximum attention, especially to the temperature and mixing, the possibility of obtaining a poor result is high.
|1) The cream is separated
2) Too liquid cream
|1) too high temperature (over 85°C)
2) Too low temperature (75°-80°C)
|Thanks to the degree-by-degree temperature control, no more problems. You need only to set the desired temperature and it will be maintained as long as you want, with no errors. (*)|
|3) Small size egg yolks lumps
4) Foam during the cooking
|3) Egg yolks and sugar put together without mixing them
4) Egg yolks and sugar mixed too vigorously and whisk used during cooking
|Continuous and automatic mixing allows you to always get the right creaminess, without lumps or foam. Set the time and relax!|
(*) Thanks to the Wait Temperatures function, the machine will reach the temperature you selected and then it will start to work; for a greater accuracy and a better result.
No more errors or problems with HotmixPRO 🙂
Put the ingredients in the bowl and select the options: the result will leave you speechless every time!